The chronic stress that we face with on daily basis it is not always a signal that we have serious health problems, but sometimes it’s an indication that it is time for making a change in our life and in our working environment. Stress is often a quiet killer that affects our body constantly. It is essential for us to recognize the symptom that says it is a time for a change.
1. You are tired no matter how much you sleep. You sleep like a normal person should suppose to sleep but you are still tired and you want immediately to go back to bed.
2. You have a problem getting up from the bed. Long-term exposure to stress affects the thyroid gland and because of that you have a lack of energy and you can’t get out of bed easily.
3. You have restless sleep. If you have uninterrupted sleep you will progressively increase the number of positive and beautiful dreams. But when you are exposed to stress you often wake up in the middle of the night and you replace the stage of having positive dreams with having negative ones.
4. You want to eat salty food products. Chronic stress leads to an imbalance of the electrolytes in the body which is the main reason why you want salty products.
5. When you are getting from a sitting or lying position your head tilts. This is also as result electrolytes deficiency.
6. Irregular menstruation and difficult PMS. In our body, there is excess stress hormone that makes an imbalance of sex hormones. Women affected from stress have two times stronger menstrual cramps than those that are not under stress.
7. You are over and over sick. Chronic stress can lead to bad immune system and therefore it will be very difficult for your body to fight against bacteria and viruses that are around you.
8. You find yourself in situations where you don’t know how to deal with stress. Although in the past you always know how to handle with stress situations, now you just simply don’t know where to start and how to ease the panic attacks. That is happening because you have been in so many stress situations that your capacity for tolerance and resistance has significantly reduced.
9. You cannot spend a day without a coffee or an energy drink. This is a classic sing that your energy reserves have run-down because of the stress.
10. A constant headache especially during the weekends. An intense headache or a migraine occurs only for weekends because then there is a lack of tension or stress.
11. Suddenly your face is full with acnes. Inflamed skin is also a sign of stressful lifestyle.
12. The existence of some kind of skin diseases. When you are exposed to stress you may encounter with certain skin diseases.
13. The occurrence of new allergies. Stress hormones stimulate secretion of proteins in the blood that is responsible for allergic reactions in the body.
14. Pain in your stomach. Although there is no medical research that connects the anxiety and the pain in the abdomen, in many studies it was demonstrated that stomach cramps can be triggered by anxiety and stress.
15. Forgetting and losing your sense. Do you need time to clear your head or to sort your thoughts? If you do then that is a result of stress.