If you are wondering if Hershey’s cocoa powder is keto-friendly, rest assured it is. The good news is that cocoa powder has zero sweeteners and can, therefore, be used in keto baking. This means you have the green light to use Hershey’s cocoa powder while doing keto.
It’s a recipe for a low carb keto-friendly version of the classic Hershey’s chocolate cake recipe found on the back of the Hershey’s cocoa powder box.
How To Make A Keto Hershey’s “Perfectly Chocolate” Cake
- 2 cups sugar substitute
- 1 cup finely milled almond flour
- ¾ cup coconut flour
- ¾ cup Hershey’s cocoa powder
- 1 ½ tsp. of baking powder
- 1 ½ tsp. of baking soda
- ½ tsp of sea salt
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup of heavy whipping cream & 1/2 cup of water (this will substitute for the milk called for in the original recipe)
- 1/4 cup of melted unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of boiling water
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease two 9 inch round pans.
- Boil one cup of water and set aside.
- Melt 1/4 cup of butter and set aside.
- Combine the heavy whipping cream with the water. Note this is not the boiling water. That will be added at the end of the recipe.
- In a large mixing bowl combine all dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- To the dry ingredients add the eggs, heavy cream & water combo, melted butter, vanilla extract and mix until combined using an electric mixer.
- Once everything is combined add the one cup of boiling water and stir until well blended.
- Pour the batter into the two prepared pans.
- Bake for 35 minutes to 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Just like the original Hershey’s chocolate recipe this cake batter will be thin.
Keto Hershey’s Chocolate Cake Variations
Grease 13x9x2-inch baking pan. Heat oven to 350 degrees Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 40 minutes.
THREE LAYER CAKE:
Grease three 8-inch round pans and pour batter into prepared pans and bake 30-35 minutes.
Grease and a 12-cup fluted tube pan. Heat oven to 350 degrees Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 50-55 minutes. Allow to cool for 15 minutes before removing from pan to wire rack.
Line muffin cups (2-1/2 inches in diameter) with paper cups. Heat oven to 350 degrees and bake for 23-25 minutes.
YIELD: 16 SERVING SIZE: 1
Amount Per Serving :CALORIES: 205 TOTAL FAT: 15.2g SATURATED
FAT: 5.3g CHOLESTEROL: 90mg SODIUM: 75mg CARBOHYDRATES: 4.9g FIBER: 1.5g SUGAR: 0.5g PROTEIN: 5.7g